Saturday, March 13, 2010

Borneo

I have been doing the Orangutan project for the past week and so far we have been chased twice by orangutans. It's hard running through the jungle.

I'm really loving the project, so much so that I can see myself coming back again to travel through Asia.

Matang is a very humble centre that is working incredibly hard to protect and save endangered species in Malaysia. I have some pretty good shots of a baby orangutan that is being weened by the staff. And I have a favourite, a Gibbon named Yue Yue. Actually I think all the volunteers love her as much as I do.

This is just a quick update as I'll be home soon and this is the only weekend with internet. I'm going back to the jungle in a couple of hours and I won't come back to Kuching until I leave for Sydney.

I'll post photos of Borneo on Facebook and hopefully will see you all very soon.

Lots of love

Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment